Dandruff, also called seborrheic dermatitis is a most frequent scalp disorder among both women and men. It can happen due to inflammatory skin, irritated oily skin, dry skin, growth of fungus and bacteria on your scalp and other several factors. Dandruff may be difficult to remove, but it can be managed by following some healthy hair care habit. You can try some home remedies for dandruff.
In fact, Baking soda is one of the most effective home remedy to remove dandruff. There are numerous ways to remove Dandruff using baking soda. Furthermore, baking soda is sodium bicarbonate which contains powerful antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Baking soda cleans your scalp and helps eliminate the dandruff flakes. So below are the effective ways to use baking soda for Dandruff.
Benefits of Baking Soda for Dandruff: –
- Baking soda has an exfoliating property which exfoliates your scalp to remove excess dead skin cells.
- It contains antiseptic property; thus, it cures the fungal infection which is causing dandruff.
- In addition, baking soda is alkaline nature content that aids in balancing the pH of the scalp.
- Baking soda acts as a dry shampoo to suck dirt & oil from the hair and scalp.
- It also helps to clear extreme sebum from your scalp without causing any extreme drying of the hair.
Baking Soda for Dandruff
This is one of the effective natural remedy to remove dandruff using baking soda. Baking soda may flush out dead skin cells, excess oil and dirt for your scalp due to its absorbing property.
- Mix two to three tablespoon of baking soda into a cup of warm water.
- Then apply this mixture onto the scalp.
- Massage smoothly and then leave it on for about a few minutes.
- And then rinse your hair with mild shampoo.
Baking Soda with Lemon
A combination of baking soda and lemon removes dandruff, dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells from your hair and scalp. Juice of lemon is natural astringent and eliminates the fungus causing dandruff. Moreover, lemon juice contains citric acid that helps you fight the dandruff issues from the hair follicles roots.
- Prepare a thin paste by adding one and half teaspoon of baking soda into two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Then apply this paste on your scalp.
- And gently massage it in and then leave it on for about a few minutes.
- Rinse the hair with cold water.
Baking Soda, Coconut Oil and Honey
This is one of the effective tips to remove dandruff using baking soda. The combination of baking soda, honey and coconut oil is great ways to get rid of dandruff naturally. Coconut oil is humectant and emollient. Moreover, it eases the itchiness and dryness from your scalp.
- Combine the 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda, one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Then apply this solution on your scalp and then leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with water.
Baking Soda with Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
The combination of apple cider vinegar and baking soda is one of the best homemade dandruff treatments. The acidity of the ACV balances the alkalinity of baking soda. It also maintains the pH levels to treat infections on your scalp.
- You can mix two to three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons of baking soda.
- Then apply the mixture on your scalp.
- And massage for about a few minutes.
- Then wash the hair with cold water.
Baking Soda and Olive Oil
Baking soda is great natural remedy to eliminate the excess oil & dirt as well as removes the fungal infection. And olive oil conditions your scalp and hair.
- To remove dandruff, first lightly warm up the one tablespoon of olive oil and then add it to the egg yolk.
- Now add the one teaspoon of baking soda and combine well.
- Then apply this solution on your scalp and let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes.
- And then wash it off with warm water.